I got 99 problems, but a stitch ain't one!

9:23 PM

Ha, that's a joke. Perfect name for today -- Labor Day! I just hope this turns out to be a labor of love. Vogue 8280, is no joke. If you plan on sewing this dress, don't make the mistake I did, do it in muslin first... unless you are just a fabu-seamstress-extraordinaire. However, I did complete the bodice today, but not without a fight.

Let me tell ya, first of all, this pattern jumps all over the place. Remember, I'm doing View E. Okay, I had to break out the highlighter from the jump just so I would know what the hell I'm doing. Would it have killed the pattern writers at VP to just list all of the instructions together instead of having me flip back and forth, from page to page, view to view? That would have been too freakin' easy. Speaking of easy, that's what they had the audacity to list this pattern as.

More to come...

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I just bought this pattern and some amethyst crepe back satin. I'm terrified and excited at the same time. Your 99 post had me laughing and nodding my head at the same time.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts